Well, it wasn’t long ago that I posted about the fact that I was moving away from self hosting my blog, and moving to Storytelr. Sadly, while I love the concept, it wasn’t working for a few reasons:
- I’m boring, and only posting most of my twitters is even more boring. Which leads to…
- My reader count dropped off drastically. So, for those of you that are still there: THANK YOU! I promise more good content now going forward.
- I’m getting back to the point where my technical skills are where they were 3 years ago, and I’m starting to work on lots of fun side projects. With that, I want to share my knowledge in a way that I can’t on Twitter.
In 2010 I’ll be doing some fun, fun things (hint: my legal restrictions that have had me bound the past year will be expiring in the next year). Some projects and goals for this year:
- I have a Google App Engine (GAE) product that I started building and will launch this year. This will play with Twitter, and will play on the power of crowd sourced knowledge.
- I’m going to start building some fun stuff on Azure. I can’t really talk about it yet, but I’ll definitely share my experience here.
- I’m going to write at LEAST one game for the XBox 360 using XNA. I have a great game idea already, and start studying up. I’m not naive enough to think I can make a living from this, so it’ll be for fun and NOT profit.
- I started working on a Model Driven Development framework. There are a few things out there that are similar, but in FubuMVC fashion, I’m going to build something for me by me, and if anyone’s interested in using it, great.
So, all and all it’s good to be back – it’s been nearly 6 years now with my past work at Telligent combined with the last year of working outside the Tellisphere and getting my technical chops back.
Looking forward to it!